We value you as a customer and we know how much privacy means to you. You will have the opportunity to review our policies for collecting, using, securing, and sharing information the first time we do business with you and every year you are a Meridian Risk Management client.
OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect Meridian Risk Management customer information.
- We do not share customer medical information with anyone within the Meridian Risk Management family of companies unless:
- You expressly authorize it; or
- It is permitted or required by law; or
- Your insurance policy contract with us permits us to do so.
- We afford our prospective and former customers the same protections as existing customers with respect to the use of personal information.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We collect, use, and share information we need to conduct our business, to advise you of our products and services, and to provide you with customer service. We may collect and maintain several types of customer information needed for these purposes, such as those below.
Types of information we may collect and how we gather it:
- From you; on applications for our insurance, banking, and investment products; from other policies or products you have with us; or on other forms, through telephone or in-person interviews, your Meridian Risk Management agent, and our contact centers
- From your visits to meridianrisk.com, use of our mobile and social media applications, and your interactions with our online advertisements
- From your transactions or experiences with us; such as your payment history and underwriting and claim records
- From the Meridian Risk Management family of companies and non-Meridian Risk Management companies, organizations, or consumer reporting agencies, such as your driving record, claim history, or credit information
INFORMATION FOR INTERNET, MOBILE, SOCIAL MEDIA USERS
We want to make you aware of how we use Internet cookies and analytical tools to enhance your experience when visiting meridianrisk.com or using our mobile and social media applications. Cookies are files we place in your computer’s browser to store your Meridian Risk Management online preferences. Web analytics provide non-personally identifiable statistical information about how visitors interact with our website and applications. Our mobile and social media applications may also collect non-personally identifiable demographic information (such as age, sex, and city/state location) about the users of each application. Prior to installation of any application, you will see a statement describing what information is collected from your use of that particular application.
By themselves, cookies and web analytics do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information. They do not identify you by name or address unless you have provided us with such information (over the internet or in some other communication). Cookies and analytics do help us to:
- Analyze how customers use our website and applications.
- Develop new services to improve our online content.
- Analyze our marketing campaigns.
- Know how many visitors have seen or clicked on our ads.
If you disable cookies by changing the setting on your browser, the site will not recall your preferences and you will not be able to access a customized default home page view of our website. In addition, rejecting cookies may prevent you from using certain functions and you may have to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services or promotions.
You may retain cookies in your browser for a customized website experience. However, if you do not want third party advertisers to track and use information derived from your visits to sites on which we advertise you may “opt out” by going to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacy/ads/.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use customer information, including consumer report information, to underwrite and/or rate your policies and products, process your claims, ensure proper billing, service your accounts, enhance your customer experience, and offer you other insurance and financial services products that may suit your needs.
We share information about our transactions (such as payment of premium) and experiences (such as an auto accident) with you within our Meridian Risk Management family of companies and with Meridian Risk Management agents to better serve you and to help meet your current product and service needs. We may share information about you with persons or organizations inside or outside our family of companies for our everyday business purposes and as permitted or required by law. We also may share information about you with companies that perform marketing or other services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These agreements allow us to provide a broader selection of insurance and financial products to you.
We may also share customer information with consumer reporting agencies and with other entities as needed to handle your claim and to protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions. For example, we might share name, address, and coverage information with an auto body shop to speed up repairs on auto damage claims.
MERIDIAN RISK MANAGEMENT PROTECTS CUSTOMER INFORMATION
The privacy of our customers has always been important to Meridian Risk Management. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. In addition, we regularly review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security. Taking these steps helps us to ensure the safety of our customer information.